Solid North American Sitka Spruce top and Solid Central American Mahogany back and sides makes for a quality tone which will only get better with age.
"Walden have recently introduced the Madera line of guitars—instruments made entirely from certified FSC-pure tonewoods such as Sitka spruce and South American mahogany. Through a process known as “chain-of-custody,” the Forest Stewardship Council ensures that each guitar in the Madera line is fully compliant, overseeing the woods from the time they’re harvested until they’re used in construction. Fittingly, Madera is Spanish for “wood,” and the headstock of each guitar is emblazoned in pearl with a Chinese character that symbolizes wood. This guitar is currently only one of only two dreadnoughts with 100% pure, responsibly-forested wood on the market, the other being the American-made Martin D Mahogany 09, which lists for more than twice the price of the CD4040."
body shape: Dreadnought
top material: Certified FSC-Pure North American Solid Sitka Spruce
back material: Certified FSC-Pure Solid Central American Mahogany
side material: Certified FSC-Pure Solid Central American Mahogany
soundboard bracing: "Pre-War" Scalloped-X
- material: Certified FSC-Pure Solid Central American Mahogany
- nut : Bone
- nut width: 1 11/16 "
- scale length: 25.6"
- fingerboard: Certified FSC-Pure Solid South American Katalox
- trussrod: 2-way adjustable
- reinforcement: Carbon Graphite Rails
- binding: Tortoise
- rosette: Abalone
- tuners: Gold with black buttons
- logo: Pearl
- bridge: Certified FSC-Pure Solid South American Katalox
- saddle: Bone
- High Gloss (Polyurethane - Nitrocellulose is seen as detrimental to the environment and as such is out of place on a guitar with credentials such as this)