This is a stunning Larrivee JCL Reissue, made in homage to the early Jean Larrivee instruments for their 40th anniversary in 2007. We believe only 100 of these were produced.
It features select Indian Rosewood back and sides, and high grade Sitka Spruce top. The build quality all-round is incredible, with beautiful components and vintage appointments. As well as the classic marquetry rosette around the soundhole, it also features inlays by Wendy Larrivee herself, including the JCL initials on the headstock. A very classy looking guitar!
It is a dream to play, and sounds incredible with a rich luxurious tone and outstanding clarity across the whole tonal range. Its L shape body provides lots of volume and sustain but also responds to fingerpicking beautifully. This guitar is in excellent condition throughout, with only a few minor marks here and there. These guitars are hard to come by and live up to their glowing reviews!
- High Grade Indian Rosewood back sides
- Sitka Spruce Top
- One-piece South American Mahogany neck
- Ebony Fingerboard & Bridge
- Marquetry Rosette (this is the same rosette Jean used in the 1970s)
- Pearl JCL headstock inlay on Rosewood headstock overlay
- Large Mother-of-Pearl fingerboard dots, just like the 1970s guitar
- Alan Magee Label (the same one used in the late 1960s and 1970s)
- Modified bracing (matching some original parts from early steel strings)
- Decorative Back Center Strip with Matching Tail Strip
- Clear Pickguard
- Rosewood Body Bindings with Holly Purflings
- Schaller M6 Machine Heads
- Bone Nut and Saddle